The Ignis is the third new product to be sold via Nexa premium dealerships of the company. The vehicle is also considered as the micro-SUV for its raised ground clearance. The model sold in Japan features 4×4 system. However, there is no final word yet from Maruti Suzuki on adding four-wheel drive system in India-spec model. The Ignis will go up against the Mahindra KUV100 in the newly formed micro SUV segment.
Much awaited cross over vehicle Ignis at prices starting from Rs 4,59,000. The prices of the car are as follows:
Sigma —– Rs 4,59,000
Delta —– Rs 5,19,000
Zeta —– Rs 5,75,000
Alpha —– Rs 6,69,000
Delta —– Rs 6,39,000
Zeta —– Rs 6,91,000
Alpha —– Rs 7,80,000
Petrol Automatic (AGS)
Delta —– Rs 5,74,000
Zeta —– Rs 6,30,000
Diesel Automatic (AGS)
Delta —– Rs 6,94,000
Zeta —– Rs 7,46,000
Here are five things you should know about the Ignis.
1. The online booking for the car, which will be the third to be sold from Nexa outlets, started from January 1.
2. The car has been launched in four variants.
Maruti Ignis Sigma: It will only be launched in petrol version and sport manual transmission.
Maruti Ignis Delta:This variant will be available in both diesel and petrol. It will sport both automated manual transmission and manual transmission.
Maruti Ignis Zeta: This one too will be available in both diesel and petrol. It will sport both automated manual transmission and manual transmission.
Maruti Ignis Alpha:This variant will have both petrol and diesel versions but will sport manual transmission only.
3. The dimensions of both petrol and diesel versions will be 3700 mm (length) 1690 (width) 1595 (height). The wheel base will be of 2,435 mm and ground clearance of 180 mm. The car will have seating capacity for five people. It will have a boot space (with parcel tray) of 260 litre. It will have fuel tank capacity of 32 litres.
4. The petrol and diesel variants will sport engines of 1197 cc and 1248 cc, respectively. Both variants will be powered by four cylinders.
5. While Maruti promises 20.89 km per litre for the petrol variant, the diesel model will deliver a mileage of about 26.80 km per litre.