ICC Charges David Warner, De Kock for Durban Dispute

ICC Charges David Warner, De Kock for Durban Dispute March 7, 2018

Australia vice-captain David Warner and South Africa batsman Quinton de Kock were charged by the International Cricket Council (ICC) on Tuesday for their heated off-field exchange on the fourth day of the first test in Durban.

CCTV footage from the players tunnel at Kingsmead on Sunday showed Warner and home wicketkeeper De Kock involved in a fiery exchange as players climbed the stairwell to their dressing rooms during the tea break.

ALSO READ:MS DHONI IS THE GENERAL IN VIRAT KOHLI’S ARMY, SAYS KULDEEP YADAV

“The umpires officiating in the Durban test have reported Warner for a level 2 offence and De Kock for a level 1 offence for ‘conduct that brings the game into disrepute’,” the ICC said in a statement on their website (www.icc-cricket.com).

ALSO READ:DEODHAR TROPHY: SHAMI, UMESH IN ACTION AS INDIA ‘A’ TAKE ON ‘B’

The teams have been given until Wednesday to respond to the charges handed out by match referee Jeff Crowe.

Warner faces a possible suspension from the second test in Port Elizabeth. A level 2 charge brings with it up to four demerit points that could result in a one-test or two limited-overs game ban.

ALSO READ:HIGHLIGHTS RCD ESPANYOL VS REAL MADRID (1-0) (VIDEO)

Loading...

No Comments so far

Jump into a conversation

No Comments Yet!

You can be the one to start a conversation.

Only registered users can comment.