Europe’s top 10 most innovative universities revealedOctober 11, 2016
1. KU Leuven University, Belgium.
2. Imperial College London, England.
3. University of Cambridge, England.
4. Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanna, Switzerland.
5. Technical University of Munich, Germany.
Mandatory Credit: Photo by imageBROKER/REX/Shutterstock (3457320a)
Students, Technical University of Munich
6. University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Germany.
7. Delft University of Technology, Netherlands.
8. University of Oxford, England.
9. University of Munich, Germany.
10. University of Zurich, Switzerland.
These are the 10 top European universities, who are all outstanding for their innovation according to Reuters.
The list identifies these high-flying institutions as leaders of advanced science, inventing new technologies, and helping to drive the global economy.
While they are all pioneering institutions, most of these top innovative universities in Europe are far from similar.
Some are Catholic schools, some are secular, others are state-run or private but almost all of them stress the importance of practical research and applied science.
The United Kingdom comes in second with 17 institutions on the list, including the University of Cambridge in third place, and the University of Oxford, ranked at number eight.